Online Marketing Tutorials
The greatest mistake webmasters make when it comes to online marketing is to choose one route, get sucked into it and then get stuck struggling in that rut.
I carry out Search Engine Optimization but time and time again I've met clients who were paying more for their monthly SEO services to try and be at the top than they would have spent on PPC advertising and been at the top! The ever hopeful holy grail that they might one day be in the organic top three and then all will be good keeps them in their self made trap.
This section of the site deals with all the options a website owner has to reaching potential visitors. I'll be filling out the detail as I fill out the site but here's the list to get started:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - getting to the top of the organic search results in services like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Skip to SEO Tutorials.
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) - advertisements beside the organic results in search services like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Skip to SEM Tutorials.
- PPC (Pay Per Click Advertising) - paying for each time a visitor clicks your advertisement, sometimes in SEM but also on other websites that host PPC advertising.
- PPI (Pay Per Impression Advertising) - paying for each time your banner advertisement is displayed on websites that offer this type of advertising.
- Affiliate Programs - pay others to promote your products/services by giving them a cut of the sale if they refer someone to you or a flat rate commission if the person they refer does a specific task (e.g. requests a quote). Skip to Affiliate marketing programs.
- Referral Partners - partner with other websites where you could both mutually benefit from sharing each others visitors (just as PayPal recommends eCommerce providers and they in turn recommend PayPal as a payment option).